1. INFORMATION ABOUT ALL VISITORS
Next Gen Climate Action Committee collects certain information from and about its users in several ways – directly from you, from third parties, from our web server logs, and with cookies or other forms of passive data gathering.
User-Supplied Information: There are several areas in the Web Site where we collect personal information from you on a voluntary basis. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable that is not otherwise publicly available, such as your name, address, e-mail address, mailing address, gender, date of birth, or phone numbers. We may collect this information at the following times: (i) when you register to receive communications from this Web Site and other websites owned by Next Gen Climate Action Committee; (ii) when you seek information or apply for services offered through this Web Site and other web sites owned by Next Gen Climate Action Committee; and (iii) when you provide personal information to us through feedback, survey, or other forms hosted on this Web Site or other websites owned by Next Gen Climate Action Committee.
Server Log Information: When you visit an internet web site, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the site or page that offered a link to a page on Next Gen Climate Action Committee Web Site). Like many other sites, Next Gen Climate Action Committee records this basic information about visits to its Web Site.
Next Gen Climate Action Committee may also collect passive data, such as clickstream data or a user’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type, time and date of visit and page views. Clickstream data is a term defined to include a record of clicked selections within Next Gen Climate Action Committee Web Site.
Next Gen Climate Action Committee may use pixel tags in web pages and certain other content which may read cookies. Similar pixel tags on the Web Site will permit us to count users and collect additional information to improve the content of our Web Site, diagnose problems with our equipment, administer the Web Site and provide related services.
You should remember that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, such as on message boards, through e-mail, discussion groups, or in chat areas, your information can be collected and used by others. Although Next Gen Climate Action Committee tries to protect your personal information,Next Gen Climate Action Committee cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
2. HOW AND WHEN INFORMATION IS USED
We use information in different ways, depending on the type of information:
- User-Supplied Information: This information is used to respond to your inquiry or request. Additionally, if you have checked the “Please add my name to your mailing list” box, we will add your name, E-mail and mailing address to our mailing list database. We also use this information to improve our internal operations, as well as to ensure that we: (i) conduct research; (ii) properly perform the services you have requested; and (iii) provide anonymous reporting for internal clients.
- Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors.Next Gen Climate Action Committee may also collect the IP addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration.
- Cookies: We use to let you use our services more easily and to let us keep track of certain statistical information that helps us improve our Web Site. Cookies also allow us to save preferences for you so that you will not have to re-enter them the next time you visit.
- Your contact information may also be shared with organizations affiliated with Next Gen Climate Action Committee and you may be contacted about other Next Gen Climate Action Committee’s or affiliated organizations’ activities, news, and/or fundraising campaigns.
- Information obtained through completion of the voter registration application will be used in compliance with Virginia law and will be used for political and government purposes only.
3. LEGAL COMPLIANCE
Next Gen Climate Action Committee may disclose User Supplied Information in order to: (i) comply with applicable laws; (ii) respond to government inquiries; (iii) comply with valid legal process; and (iv) protect the rights or property of Next Gen Climate Action Committee, the Web Site, or Visitors of the Web Site.
Next Gen Climate Action Committee also adheres to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act and the Federal Trade Commission's regulations implementing this Act. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. The Web Site is intended for use by persons 18 years old or older. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to use the Web Site.
You may register to receive communications from us directly on the Web Site. After you register, we will periodically send you newsletters and other e-mails featuring special offers, promotions and other benefits. If you no longer wish to receive these communications, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our e-mails. Our e-mail database is continually updated. However, you may continue to receive e-mail communications from us for up to ten business days from the time we receive your unsubscribe request.
6. THIRD PARTY LINKS
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, while we strive to protect your personal information, Next Gen Climate Action Committee cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our servers.
Questions regarding the above statement should be directed to 540-491-4629 for clarification.